Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Snowbound in July



Boy could I use a bit of snow now! It was hot today and still 80 outside at 9pm.

I decided to join in on a free (yep, FREE!) block of the month, Snowbound, by the very talented Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill. It is super cute and although I think some of my fabrics will be a bit Christmas-y, I hope to get away with displaying it a little after the holidays too.

Fabrics:
Background for applique: Miss Emma's Garden by Anne Sutton for Henry Glass (this just worked out perfect since it is her fabric design and BOM, plus it was stash)
Appliques: solid cream from Moda for Nautical and Nice range for the snowmen, mostly charm packs or layer cake of Holly Jolly and Merry & Bright by Sandy Gervais for Moda plus scraps of whatever I have
Setting squares: reds and creams pulled out of my Merry & Bright layer cake + other stash and scraps

I've started this a bit backwards, completing all my setting squares before starting the applique. I joined a little behind too, but hope to work on it consistently the rest of the year. Each of the red squares are 1" finished, so it took me a while to finish these!

No comments :