Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gotta fight the urge to hoard!


I started this today from stash fabrics. Most are Charm by Amy Butler but there is some Tracy Porter, Alexander Henry and Anna Marie Horner fabrics in there as well. All of it was stash I've been hoarding. It is so hard for me to use fabrics in my stash sometimes but I'm forcing myself to get over it. I know when I use it up is is most likely gone for good and that is surprisingly upsetting. Silly, but true!

Now I have to decide on the color of fabric for a top and bottom band, and whether or not I want to use the ric rac. I'm thinking yes.

The quilt is for my cousin's wife. Her baby shower is at the end of the month so I'll have to move pretty quickly on this one.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

i know exactly what you mean about hoarding! i too do this, even though it is silly to not use a piece of fabric. my rationale is that there will be some other perfect use for the fabric. but that perfect use never comes. i cannot bear for it to be gone!

karen of primitive spirit