Monday, August 1, 2011

Just about in time

I'm now the proud aunt to my first niece! I have two adorable nephews and I'm happy to now have a healthy niece.



I've been working on her quilt. All I have left is the blue polka dot binding. It is so adorable. The line is Buttercup and I think this has been one of the hardest times I've ever had lining up my seams and points, but soooo worth it. It's not perfection, but pretty darn good. :) I can't wait to see her sometime in August. She's an 8 hour drive away so we can't just hop over and see her.


As a note: I hope to be closer to her than my nephews because we'll speak the same language. That kind of puts a damper on a relationship to be across an ocean and not have a language in common. Can you feel the guilt from my words though? I just don't know how exactly to become close to them. Anyone else out there in that situation and have any ideas?

2 comments :

Jamie said...

Depending on the ages, you could send pictures for them to color and send back to you and send them photos. Try to learn a bit of the language that they speak. That may take a while, but if you learn some key phrases, it may help. My MIL doesn't speak any of the languages that I do, so I've learned a bit of her dialect, but not nearly enough.

Jamie said...

By the way, cute quilt! Your niece will love it!