Thursday, July 21, 2011

Catching up

I've been working on a few things, slowly but surely.

For Aunt Gee Gee

The first one is a bit of a bomb as I didn't think it would turn out to be such frou frou pillow. It is for my great aunt who has just been moved to a nursing home. I wanted to make her something to cheer her up. She's a colorful gal who's a little loud, so I still think she'll like it. It should bring a little pop of color to her room, if nothing else. I consulted with my grandma, her sister, on the color scheme options and she picked this one for her.

first time free motion quilting on my Juki--love it!

I've also been working on a quilt for my soon-to-be-born niece. She'll be my first niece and I'm super excited for my brother and his wife. Confession: I hired a babysitter for this afternoon to get time to quilt it.

fabric is Fig Tree Buttercup

The last is a gift for my mom for her birthday. I hope she'll love it. A LQS closed its doors so I scored a ton of stuff for her (and me, too). There's some yummy Central Park, lots of books, a white and a graphite Sewline pencil and quilting gloves. Another confession: I'm having a hard time not keeping those fabrics for my stash! I picked up the cute basket at the thrift store. I love finding unique things to put gifts into, especially something that has some usefulness.

No comments :