Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day treat to me

I got to sew up a Phoebe purse for Mother's Day. It was so nice to start and finish a project the same day. I had seen Angela's and I couldn't resist. It is a great shape and is a nice size.

I took the extra step to do the fusible fleece to give it more body. I did end up breaking 3 sewing machine needles in one place though. I guess 4 layers of fabric, 3 layers of iron on interfacing and 1 layer of fusible fleece was a bit much for my machine. The sad thing is that it was my Juki that couldn't handle it, but my 10 year old Kenmore cheapy sewed through it with no problem. I think my Juki needs a service.

I had the fabric already. I just loooove those Heather Bailey flowers. I think I need more. :)


the contrast lining
Pattern: Phoebe bag free pattern from Artsy Crafty Babe

Fabrics: Heather Bailey Nicey Jane Hello Roses (dove) and DS Quilts Fairgrounds modern tile

2 comments :

Angela said...

It looks darling! And I love the DS tiles on the inside! I have those on special order but they have not come in yet. :(

Wendy said...

Gorgeous bag! The fabrics are ace. It just shows how the fabrics change the look of the bag so much. I made this bag in a linen and it looks so different.