Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Meds for life?

When trying to get preggo with my daughter, I found out I have PCOS. Only a few of the symptoms are present for me. Now, I found out I have hypothyroidism and will most likely have to take meds for it for the rest of my life. Plus I just started birth control pills to regulate my crazy-a** periods since my daughter was born.

I'm hoping that will help me kick the weight I have gained and to have more emotional equilibrium. I really don't look forward to taking a pill every day for the rest of my life, but I guess if it has to be, it has to be.

3 comments :

John said...

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 8 years old ... been taking a pill every day since, and will for the rest of my life. It's not a big deal ... just part of the morning routine! You'll feel a lot better -- both physically and emotionally -- once your needed dosage is in place.

Sorry, can't help at all with the periods : )

HeyYeah said...

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but the good news is that you'll soon start to feel better. I also have the condition and felt so much happier and had so much more energy after a few weeks on the tablets.

Sew It Up! said...

I'v had this for the past 13 yrs. Once you get the meds. in your system, you'll notice the change and feel 100% better. Like John says, it becomes part of your morning routine. Regarding your cycle, mine became this way when I started to develope symptoms. And it's still this way. (Sorry-TMI)