Monday, June 1, 2009

Late, but done!


I just sent out a quilt for a close friend from college's son. He already turned one. Better late than never. It really has been a chaotic year.



It was all stash, which is great. I started it by pulling the red pictographic print from Chloe's Closet by Moda. I think it is called 26 Letters. It is an old one and I only had half a yard of it. The quilt is made up of 6.5 inch squares (finished size). The backing is the same as the binding: a blue and red woven.



I tried a new machine binding as well. I first followed the directions from Modern Quilt Workshop to make the binding with a 1" bias tape tool. I thought it looked a bit flimsy after I sewed it on so I went back over it with a zig zag stitch. I like it for a rough and tumble kids quilt.

1 comment :

Unknown said...

CUTE quilt!

Does this mean you are home now??