Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall Swap work in progress


I'm working on this runner for Chara's fall swap. Just the binding to go. I really hope my partner likes it. We'll each have one since I'm making two. It is using fabrics from Acorn Hollow by Kathy Schmidt. Normally, I don't use fabric all from one line, but I first liked the polka dots, then how the rest of it all went together. The pattern is called Fat Quarter Table Runner. I tried fusible fleece instead of my normal batting with spray baste that the pattern called for. That made it a bit puffy so I tried some extra quilting. You might be able to see in the photo that I ripped it out since it made it all get wrinkly. Actaully, it is pretty good with the fusible fleece so I'll leave it. Next time I'll have to try using regular batting and see what works better.

1 comment :

Amanda Jean said...

I love the colors! It's interesting to hear about the fusible fleece...I never have used it but have always wondered how it works.