Thursday, April 17, 2014

My first zippered bag

This is a fairly old project but I'm trying to catch up on blogging on a few things I've made. I haven't had much time to sew since January, but that it turning around a bit now. Thank goodness!


I love this lining fabric!

I used wire cutters and popped off the zipper pull
and replaced it with this cool button.


I made this for a zippered pouch swap at the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild. It was from the free No Guts Boxie Pouch that I downloaded from Craftsy. It went together well, except for one little detail. I want to make those tabs on the ends a bit bigger next time. I decided to add in the coral polka dot stripe and paid attention to how my stripes were cut so they would wrap around and meet up at the seams. It turned out pretty neat--and big. I somehow did not expect it to be quite as big as it is.

It was so easy to do a zipper. I'm not sure why I put off trying it for so long!

It ended up going home with Stephanie. I hope she likes it or at least finds it useful! It reminds me of a Red Green quote, something like if your wife doesn't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy. And, yes, I am a total dork.

2 comments :

Melissa said...

It's a really cool pouch, Kari! I'm sure Stephanie is making great use of it. And, knowing her, she loves the graphic look, and the colors you chose. It's good to sew again. :)

Kari V. said...

Thanks, Melissa! Thanks for stopping by too. :)