Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Latifah Saafir workshop



The weekend before last I had the pleasure of listening to a talk by Latifah Saafir about listening to your inner artist and then attending a workshop where she taught us how to make the Huckleberry quilt. I have to say it was inspiring to see her quilts in person. She couldn't have been any nicer either. I was blown away by the way she approaches quilt construction and the fresh take she has on quilting in general. It really is unique. That girl has a gift! Making the quilt was so much fun and I am excited to have a new technique in my repertoire. Plus, my son is going to have a neat quilt to hang on his wall. I'm about to sit down to quilt it right now. I'm crossing my fingers my son takes a long nap to allow me to make some good headway. Wish me luck. :-)


No comments :