Some positive things that have happened:
- Joined the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild and had a great time at the August meet and sew. There are so many interesting ladies making gorgeous quilts. I can't wait to get to know them better this year.
- Cut out and started sewing a kaleidoscope quilt using Don't Call Me Betsy's QAL directions. I'm way late for the QAL though.
- We're in the process of completely remodeling our kitchen. It's chaos in the kitchen since before Labor Day.
|My first four kaleidoscope blocks|
|Still a lot of work to be done, but it's looking good!|
- My hubby and daughter are great.
Some negative things:
- Had emergency surgery a little over a week ago. The double whammy is that I was pregnant and we lost the embryo too. The pregnancy was ectopic and couldn't go forward. I was bleeding internally and there was nothing else that could be done but surgery and removing my whole tube on one side. I've got to go back to the doctor today as one of the incisions opened up. I'm ready to be part of the world again but the grieving still continues.
- The art director at work is leaving and today is her last day. She has become a good friend and will be greatly missed although I'm very happy for her. Work is at it's busiest time of the year plus I've been out for a week, so it will surely be stressful to go back. I'm not even sure if I'll make it into work today after my dr appointment.
- We've had no kitchen sink or dishwasher (our countertops for that matter) since before Labor Day. The counter people come in a bit over a week. Then hopefully later that day or the next day, our sink and dishwasher can be plumbed in. Thank goodness for Costco and easy to prepare or heat up meals.